Thank you for interest in the Pre-marriage Counseling Ministry at CityView. Our greatest hope is that we could partner with you in making a Gospel Centered, Christ-glorifying marriage.
In our pre-marriage process, engaged couples are assigned a pastor or equivalent to walk them through both the "Prepare" Inventory and a host of assignments. Engaged couples are assigned on a first-come-first-serve basis. You will generally have 6 sessions with the first lasting 2 hours and subsequent sessions lasting 90 minutes.
The fixed costs for pre-marriage includes the "Prepare" assessment ($30) and the recommended book/s. The actual sessions are free to CityView Covenant members. If you are not a CityView covenant member or regular attendee, you will need to discuss a fee with the pastor leading your pre-marriage sessions.
Here is how the process goes:
- Begin by filling out a pre-marriage counseling request below (scroll to the bottom)
- You will receive an acknowledgment of receipt via email and will in some cases receive follow-up questions to fill out prior to full confirmation.
- Once you have been fully confirmed as a pre-marriage couple, you will receive an email from "Life Innovations" that will allow you to take the prepare inventory.
- Once the inventory has been completed by both the bride and the groom, the pastor will contact you to setup your first appointment.
- Prior to your first appointment, order a copy of "Sacred Marriage" by Gary Thomas and begin reading. You will read this for the remainder of your time in pre-marriage.
- At your first meeting, you will receive an outline of pre-marital sessions and homework assignments.