We exist to fulfill God's Great Commission - to make multiplying disciples of Jesus. How do we make multiplying disciples of Jesus? Matthew 28:18-20 tells us. Here's how we break down this important text:
Trusting Jesus as the Sovereign One and wholly dependent on Holy Spirit, we make disciples by...
- Intentionally engaging the variety of people we encounter in the course of our everyday lives
- Inviting, welcoming and grafting others into Jesus’ community…His family…His Church
- Teaching and learning the ways and message of Jesus – The limitless depths of the Gospel
- Appropriating the truths of the Gospel in a way that produces obedience and worship
Our vision attempts to merge community need, given opportunity and CityView's capabilities and/or potential. As such, our vision is to...
- Be a church that cultivates a culture of belonging, purpose and stability for those that are disconnected, directionless and disaffected.
- Be a church where it is normal for all Christians to be ministers and disciple-makers
- Be a church where the full scope of redemption in the Gospel is fostered for daily living
- Be a church where godly manhood and womanhood are seen as worshipful responses to our identity as image-bearers of God
- Be a church where children are taught, nurtured and loved as parents are partnered with, encouraged and empowered.
- Be a church where leaders, preachers and churches are regularly developed and multiplied
- Be a church where the city is served, the nations are impacted and mercy is administered
- Be a church where God’s goodness and blessings are regularly celebrated and people are encouraged to drink from the depths of all of life.